Twenty-four cars will do battle: 14 Holden ZB Commodores, six Ford Mustangs and four Nissan Altimas.
Ford entrants replace the FG X Falcon with the Mustang (pictured above), while Matt Stone Racing’s upgrade from the VF to ZB Commodore means all Holden entrants will field the new-generation Commodore Supercar. With Nissan no longer providing factory backing to the four Altimas, Kelly Racing rebrands from Nissan Motorsport.
Triple Eight Race Engineering and Tickford Racing downsize to two and three entries respectively, though Tickford will run the 23 Red Racing entry as a satellite operation.
On the driver front, Craig Lowndes and Tim Blanchard retire from full-time driving, while Garth Tander and Michael Caruso lost their drives at Garry Rogers Motorsport and Kelly Racing respectively. Richie Stanaway moves from Tickford Racing to replace Tander at Garry Rogers Motorsport, while Garry Jacobson and Macauley Jones step from the Dunlop Super2 Series to replace Caruso at Kelly Racing and Blanchard at Brad Jones Racing respectively.
Mark Winterbottom and Lee Holdsworth swap seats with Winterbottom moving to Team 18 and Holdsworth to Tickford Racing.
The 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship entry list in pitlane order:
97. Shane van Gisbergen “ Triple Eight Race Engineering “ Holden ZB Commodore
88. Jamie Whincup “ Triple Eight Race Engineering “ Holden ZB Commodore
17. Scott McLaughlin “ DJR Team Penske “ Ford Mustang
12. Fabian Coulthard “ DJR Team Penske “ Ford Mustang
5. Lee Holdsworth “ Tickford Racing “ Ford Mustang
55. Chaz Mostert “ Tickford Racing “ Ford Mustang
6. Cameron Waters “ Tickford Racing “ Ford Mustang
23. Will Davison “ 23 Red Racing “ Ford Mustang
9. David Reynolds “ Erebus Motorsport “ Holden ZB Commodore
99. Anton de Pasquale “ Erebus Motorsport “ Holden ZB Commodore
2. Scott Pye “ Walkinshaw Andretti United “ Holden ZB Commodore
22. James Courtney “ Walkinshaw Andretti United “ Holden ZB Commodore
14. Tim Slade “ Brad Jones Racing “ Holden ZB Commodore
8. Nick Percat “ Brad Jones Racing “ Holden ZB Commodore
21. Macauley Jones “ Brad Jones Racing/Tim Blanchard Racing “ Holden ZB Commodore
35. Todd Hazelwood “ Matt Stone Racing “ Holden ZB Commodore
15. Rick Kelly “ Kelly Racing “ Nissan Altima
7. AndrÃ© Heimgartner “ Kelly Racing “ Nissan Altima
3. Garry Jacobson “ Kelly Racing “ Nissan Altima
78. Simona de Silvestro “ Kelly Racing “ Nissan Altima
33. Richie Stanaway “ Garry Rogers Motorsport “ Holden ZB Commodore
34. James Golding “ Garry Rogers Motorsport “ Holden ZB Commodore
19. Jack Le Brocq “ Tekno Autosports “ Holden ZB Commodore
18. Mark Winterbottom “ Team 18 “ Holden ZB Commodore
CLICK HERE to subscribe to SupercarXtra Magazine in 2019.